Monday, June 2, 2014

7 Kids College Fund~DoCraft's Simply Gorjuss LADYBIRD

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It's hard to believe it's already JUNE!! I seriously do not know what happened to the first half of the year. It's gone by way to fast!! I am glad that this week is the last week of school for my little guy, which means sleeping in can commence. I really need to sit down and make a daily schedule so we know what we are doing. My guy is into playing video games and Minecraft is his favorite, but we are not sitting inside all summer long...no way!!

Today I'm sharing a card using one of my favorite stamps lines!! But before I get to that I wanted to remind you that you still have a couple more days to enter our current challenge on the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog. 

We are celebrating our 100th challenge and giving away 4 Gift Certificates: one to the random winner and 1 to each of the Top 3!! So you'll definitely want to upload your best creations!! The theme is an easy one too!! 

ANYTHING GOES! 

Just be sure to use an image carried in the 7 Kids College Fund STORE to qualify for the Top 3 and random winner drawing!! 

For my card today I used this adorable stamp from DoCrafts called Simply Gorjuss Ladybird! I absolutely love the Gorjuss Girl line of stamps. I usually add to my collection every couple of months! They are my new obsession!! She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.

 Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E02, E11, E13
Hair: E44, E47, E49
Yellow: Y11, Y21, YR23
Blue: BG10, BG13, BG57, BG75 
Black: C3, C5, C7

Whenever I'm stumped on making a card I almost always search for some sketches to get my mojo flowing. For this card I used Sketch #54 from I HEART SKETCHES.
 My beautiful decorative papers are from Authentique RENEW 6x6 Paper Pad. I distressed the edges of my dps with Black Soot Distress Ink. See that white-stamped, blue cardstock on the right of the image? I used one of the little sentiment stamps from DoCrafts Simply Gorjuss The Black Star Cling Stamp, inked it in white, and stamped it all over to make my own patterned paper. The heart was cut out using My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 4. The awesome black pearls are from Trimcraft Santoro Mirabelle Assorted Colors Pearls.

 Supply List from the 7 Kids College Fund Store:
("Simply Gorjuss" sentiment that is stamped in white on blue cardstock)
Scor-tape 

We hope to see you playing along with us! Don't forget a new challenge starts this Wednesday! Be sure to head on over to the 7 Kids College Fund Store to see all the latest and greatest things that have recently been added!!

CHALLENGES ENTERED: 
Art by Miran: ANYTHING GOES

Have a great week!
Rosie :)

4 comments:

Mojca said...

Really lovely summer colours. hugs! Mojca

Mojca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danni said...

This is just so sweet!! What a wonderful card!

Colette said...

Gorjuss! I love the papers you've used, hugs, Colette xx