Monday, July 9, 2012

Inspiration Monday--Emboss It!

Happy Monday y'all! Well this past week was a busy one for us!! We listed our house last week on Wednesday and had a showing Thursday afternoon. Then on Friday, we headed to Texas to look for a house and spent all day Saturday with our realtor touring various ones on our list. We found one we all loved so we wrote up an offer Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening we get a call from our realtor in Oklahoma and she tells us we have a contract on our home. We only had it listed 4 days!!! Then on our way back home Sunday evening, we get a call from our Texas realtor and he tells us our offer on the new house was accepted!! We sold and found a house all in one weekend....WHEW!!! I'm a little more relieved now!!

There's still lots to do and we still have to get packers arranged to come and box all this crap up, LOL! But at least we now have a place picked out that we all fell in love with. My little boy is so excited!

Now on to today's La-La Land Crafts Challenge! This week we want you to.....

EMBOSS IT!!

You can do wet or dry embossing or both if you're up to it!! I took the easy route and did dry embossing. :)

I used this super CUTE image called Marci with Cat and colored her with Copics.

Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, chalk
Hair: YR20, Y15, Y21, colorless blender
Dress: G02, G95, G07, stickles
Shoes: G02, G05, G07, C3, C5, C7, stickles
Cat: C3, C5, C7, R20

I used the LLLC Filigree Corner Die and Eiffel Tower Die. These dies from La-La Land Crafts are amazing and have such beautiful detail to them!! I use my Cuttlebug to cut them out and I generally do 2 passes and they cut perfectly. For some of you a shim or two might be necessary, but I've never had any problems cutting through.

I used some ribbon and dp from my stash. The flowers are a combo of Wild Orchid Crafts and Recollections.

Don't forget you can play along with us by linking up to our Customer Gallery.

Hope you have a great week and I'll keep you posted on my move!

Hugs,
Rosie :)

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Wow!!! You are SO lucky to have sold your home and found a new one so quickly!!! Guess that was all really meant to be for you and your family!
Cute card! Love the image!

Kwilt said...

Good For You Rosie!!! What an exciting adventure! :) We just started a casual look for a home, so I'm beginning to understand the anxiety that can mount up. Best wishes...and hopefully you wont be too busy to keep inspiring us with your wonderful artwork!
Hugs....Kathy

cebelica said...

Looks like so far everything is going smoothly with your move. I hope it'll continue to go so. *fingers crossed* :)
Your card is really cute. The flowers on Marci's dress are great! Beautiful! Hugs! xx