Monday, June 18, 2012

Inspiration Monday--Fun in the Sun!

Happy Monday ya'll! Well this past weekend was a busy one for me and the family! My little boy turns 6 on June 21st, so we celebrated his birthday on Saturday with a water slide party at the house. We had 2 inflatable water slides and about 17 kids. With parents we had about 30 people at our house!! It was a lot of work, but to see the smile and excitement on all those kids faces, including my little boy, was priceless!! He said it was the best birthday ever!!

What makes it a little bittersweet is that we just found out Paul's company wants to promote him and with that means a move from Oklahoma (the place we call home) to Texas. On top of all that, they want him to report to the new facility on August 16th!! I've got 2 months to put my house on the market and find a new house....CRAZY!! So if I forget some things over the next couple of months I hope you'll forgive me!

Then Sunday, we had Father's Day followed by a dinner birthday for my nephew who turned 16!! I remember the day he was born. I used to hold him and sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to him and rock him to sleep. Now he's 6'2" and he's still not finished growing, What in the World?!? I told the hubby that I felt kind of old remember 16 years has passed!! Time certainly doesn't stand still!!

Well, now that I've updated you on what's been going on, let's get on with the show! This week at La-La Land Crafts we challenge you to make a card/project that is based on.....

FUN IN THE SUN!!

For my card today, I picked Beach Marci....isn't she just perfect for this theme?!?! I love her flower hat and inner-tube....so CUTE!!

COPICS:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E11
Hair: E49, E47, E43
Hat/Bathing Suit/Inner-tube: R81, R83, R85, BG15, BG18, BG32, Y11, Y02, Y18

I also used some new exclusive dies from LLLC...Filigree Corner Die and Wave Border Die.


The dps are from various MME (Bee Happy & Howdy Doody) and BoBunny (Serenity) paper pads. I distressed the edges with Walnut Stain. The ribbon came from my stash and the pearls are from Close To My Heart.

Now don't forget you can play along with us by uploading your cards to the LLLC Customer Gallery. If you want to purchase any LLLC stamps or dies, head on over to the LLLC Store. The dies are selling like hot cakes, so you definitely want to snag yours while you can!

Have a great week and see you back here soon!

Love and Hugs!
Rosie :)

2 comments:

cebelica said...

Happy birthday to Isaiah and your nephew! :D It's great that your little man was so happy with his birthday party. :)

Yup, this Marci image is perfect for the theme you have going at LLLC. And you colored her beautifully. I like how it looks like she is standing in the sea - great layering with those waves.

Have a great day! Hugs! xx

Rosie said...

Thanks Cebelica as always for your sweet comments!! You are so awesome!!