Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Marci & Luka!!

HIP, HIP, HOORAY, Marci and Luka had a BIRTHDAY!
On August 1st, Marci and Luka finally turned ONE!
Are you ready for some birthday FUN?!

To celebrate this momentous occasion, La-La Land Crafts brought back some alumni and friends for Marci and Luka’s birthday celebration....YIPPEE!

If you are following our blog hop, you should have arrived here from Kim's blog. If you didn't arrive here from Kim's blog then definitely head over to La-La Land Crafts for the complete blog list. Your next stop is Sandie's Blog!

On top of the special guest bloggers, La La Land Crafts is offering a HUGE BLOG CANDY for this exciting event.

Take a look at this prize package!!
Click to play this Smilebox collage
collage made using Smilebox

This Blog Candy contains the following:

~ Set of 12 Copic Markers in NEW 2011 colors
~ Spica Glitter Pens (set B)
~ Pack of X-Press It Blending Cardstock
~ New Scor-pal
~ Pack of ¼” Scor-Tape
~ 3 sets of 12x12 Basic Grey Collections paper packs
~ $20 gift certificate to the La-La Land Crafts Store

To be eligible for this FABULOUS blog prize, you must follow the 3 easy rules listed on the La-La Land Crafts Blog.

Now let’s get on to my project!. For this SPECIAL hop, I made a Birthday Pop-Up card. My MIL got a card like this for her birthday earlier in the year. It was made by DaySpring Cards. I asked her if I could have it because I knew one day I wanted to try and recreate it. Well folks....today's the day!

Now, originally the card is supposed to lay flat and then you kind of squish the bottom pot together and the balloons pop-up. Mine was a little top heavy so they didn't want to stay standing up on their own. I ended up having to glue the back together so my sample doesn't fold flat. I'll have to remember to use lighter weight paper for the balloons the next time. :)

There is a front side and a back side. The above picture is the front side and has Amour Luka and Sweetheart Marci.

The back side, has Formal Luka and Fancy Marci.

Here's a top, side view so you can see the dimension. I raised all the images on pop-dots.

I hope you enjoyed my special project for this Birthday Blog Hop celebrating Marci and Luka's ONE year milestone! We have a lot of talented artists joining us in our celebration today so I hope you take the time to visit each one. You will not be disappointed!!

Don't forget to head to Sandie's Blog for another amazing creation!!

Hugs,
Rosie

37 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Rosie,
O My this is amazing!! You should totally do a tutorial girly! I love yoru coloring of all the images. This card is definitely a party all in one! Love it!
Hugs,

cebelica said...

Hun, this is so unique and original. I love it! <3
Hugs!

alethea said...

Omg this is fantastic!! Love your colouring!!! I too would love to see a tutorial!! Hugs xx

Adrienne said...

What a special clever card.A tutorial would be great.

cheryl said...

oh wow loving this idea its amazing just love those images,your girls make amazing cards hugs cherylxxx

Cindy Haffner said...

How DARLING Rosie!!!~

Jennie Lin Black said...

too fun!

Lorraine said...

aww this is so clever i love it xx

Katie said...

oh my crafty goodness!!! what a fun and clever design!! love all the details! TFS!

Jacki Daniels said...

Brilliant makes a lovely change to see some thing other than a card and this is beautiful and very different
Jacki xx

Sharman said...

Wow....GREAT GREAT GREAT Card. I agree, you should do a tutorial on this one. I LOVE IT..........

Brenda said...

Wow!! What an amazing card! Your coloring is just beautiful. I agree with the others as well, PLEASE do a tutorial! I love this unique card!

Heidi Brawley said...

wow what a clever and cute card you came up with! Hugs!

Anja said...

Oh wow!!!
This is my fab sweetheart marci.
It's my first stamp.And i'm in love.hihi.

Hugs Anja

Shirley N said...

What a fabulous creation and beautiful coloring!

Pam said...

That is amazing!! Love everything about it & your colouring is brilliant!!

genagirl said...

What a great card! I have to try this one!

Karen said...

How darling Rosie! WOW...turned out so awesome!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I would love to see how you did this. Your project is so cute and what a great way to showcase the images!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I would love to see how you did this. Your project is so cute and what a great way to showcase the images!

Maureen said...

WOW!! Just knocked my socks off - love it to bits!! The design is fabulous and love that it's double-sided!

Alice said...

wow! fabulous project! love it!

Jennifer said...

What a sweet pair! Love how you displayed them.

Lucina said...

I just love the project that you made !!!! the little boy and girl are just so adorable..TFS

carrie said...

Wow this is sooooo... clever. Love both sides.

Kerri said...

This is so, SO gorgeous!!!

Marion said...

This is just amazing. Love it.
Marion

Heather said...

Wow, what an amazing project :)

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful Rosie! Perfect make! Kim

Pocono Pam said...

OMGosh! tooo cute! Is there a tutorial in the works? Please say yes!

Rosie said...

Oh my word, I guess I'm going to have to do a tutorial! I better get busy! Rosie :)

Unknown said...

Each of these cuties are adorable and look all dressed up for their birthday party!!!! Love the design!!!


Sandi (daveshunny)
slslchario@gmail.com

Traci said...

Wow Rosie, you are so creative. Thank you for sharing.

Traci Lord ;0)
3team3lord3@comcast.net

Linda Breedlove said...

This is absolutely DARLING!!!!

callyannc said...

I LOVE this. Can you do a tutorial? Would love to make! Love your coloring! TFS CallyAnn(follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is such a cute and unique project!! I love it!!

Jenny V. said...

Wow Rosie! Awesome project, you are so creative.