Thursday, December 23, 2010

Elisabeth Bell's BIGGEST DECEMBER BLOG CANDY!

Have you ever seen a stamp and just fell in love? I have those moments all the time (my husband would definitely agree and probably say too many times, LOL!). Right now, I'm really in love with the images from Elisabeth Bell. If you have never seen an Elisabeth Bell image, then you need to go to her blog right now....yes, I said right now and check them out. They are sooooo adorable and of course, I want them all!

I saw on Elisabeth's blog and facebook page that she has this AWESOME blog candy give-away where the winner will win 38 stamps (that's not a misprint folks....38 stamps!!). I'm in total shock!! So I spent all day working on my project (in between doing house chores and getting ready for Christmas). I just couldn't pass up this wonderful opportunity. My husband is like....what are you doing....do you have time for this? Well, if it helps me win 38 stamps......YES!!

I decided to make a frame for my mom. I needed a Christmas image and went to Elisabeth's blog to buy a digital image since I was on a time crunch. I decided to use the following image called Eden's First Christmas which you can purchase here. I just love the child-like wonder and innocence I feel when I look at her. It's how my 4-year-old son looks at our tree and ornaments.

I colored Eden with Copics and Prismacolor markers. I used Stickles all over the place....on the snowflakes on her pajamas, on her socks, on the holly leaves in her hair, on the ribbon in the tree and on the presents. I also used CTMH Liquid Glass on the ornament and lights, teddy bear eyes and nose, and on the berries in her hair. Some of you may be asking....how did you get the stickles and liquid glass in the small, tight areas? I used the pointy end of a bamboo skewer!

Her pajamas were inspired by some cute red glittery snowflake paper I found in the MME Wonderful Winter paper pack. I used the paper in two of the corners of this frame.

Most of the paper is from The Paper Studio. Some came from my stash. On the inside of the frame I embossed a green sheet of paper with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls and then sanded it to reveal some of the white core. The wood letters came from Walmart. I covered them with several coats of Tulip Gold Glitter Dimensional Fabric Paint.

Here's a close-up of the Poinsettias:

On the large middle poinsettias, I used a Marianne Design poinsettia die (LR0122) available here to make the two large bottom leaves. The rest of the poinsettia and leaves are from Prima. I added gold stickles to the edges and then buttons to the middle.

Here are some more pictures of my frame:

I hope you enjoyed my frame! You still have time to join in on this blog candy. It ends Friday, December 24th at 8pm, Arizona time.

Thanks for looking and I hope you have a blessed Christmas and New Year!

Love,
Rosemary

3 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Merry Christmas Rosemary, this is a very cute card. Your bouquet is just so nice. I love this little image, such a cutie.
Hugs.
Danielle

Chris said...

This is adorable. I love it.

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute and adorable card Rosemary :o)
Hugs,
Cabio